Thursday, July 12, 2018

May 2018 Family Update

I've fallen more behind that normal on my monthly blog updates...my apologies!  Summer has been full of changes in our household as I'm about to transition to a truly amazing full-time position in the school system.  More updates on that one later.  May feels like a distant memory at this point...let's just take a picture walk!

The Children's Home (Crossnore, now) has a wonderful strawberry patch for picking!  We met up with the Hillers to pick some berries and play a little.

Anna walked in with me to pay for the berries and the ladies just laughed.  I told them to go ahead and add half a gallon to whatever I was buying but they insisted it was normal for kiddos to sample as they pick.  Anna didn't pick, though...lol.  Next time I'll think about a better outfit choice that doesn't look like she bled everywhere.

May the 4th be with you!  Grace's school spring fling this year was on May 4th and, duh, a Star Wars theme.  

Snow cones

We went out to eat downtown after the spring fling and then walked around some.  I love this town!!

Birthday party celebrating Ansley!

Harper and Anna Ruth

Happy Birthday Reagan!

Just because


Miss Katryn is one of our favorites!  She started babysitting several years ago and has become quite the regular during the school year.  She has one more year of college and then will be leaving us!  She recently (as of May) became engaged and we were so excited to celebrate her birthday!

My Mother's Day gift :)  The bag, not the wallet.  You know you're a mom when you get excited about cute diaper bags.  It's actually a kid book bag but it can be used as a diaper bag.  

A pretty magical evening with our friends! 

These girls just work well together!

Loving on daddy

Jimmy was gone for a weekend for a conference, I think.  This helped soften the blow.

Grace's buddy from school broke her arm so we were able to stop in to visit post-surgery.  Tough girl!


Rehearsal dinner selfie

Pre-wedding selfie

Oh how I love this group of people!  We were in a fellowship group through church for many years and I miss that time SO much!  We were all able to attend Erin and Jimmy's wedding.

These girls :)


Thank you everyone for helping to host a surprise party for Shadeeya!  We got her!

Doctor check-up for Grace and look at this little nut!  

<3 p="">
Our fellowship group from this past school year.  We sent off the Antonelles as Mike matched into a residency up north.  Love these people!

Grace had a school performance and Timmy, Joshua, and aunt Lulu came to surprise her with flowers!  So sweet!



Just another day at the Kittners' house!

Videos

A snapshot of the dinner table with these crazies

I almost didn't share but it's real life, so I decided to.  We love Mrs. Aileen @ the Sticht Center.  She taught Grace to swim last year and I told her I just need Wesley to NOT drown.  He may not learn to swim fully, but he needs to be able to fall in the water and survive...especially since I have Anna to keep up with.  He struggled in this video BUT he knows what to do when falling in the pool!  Success.


"Dude!"

Jimmy and I became huge fans of the movie, The Greatest Showman.  We let the kids watch it and they agreed.  We played the soundtrack over and over for them so much so, that Wesley would belt the lyrics and then Grace would be screaming at him to, "stop singing so loud!"  



No comments:

Post a Comment