Thursday, October 25, 2018

August 2018 Family Update

It's October.  I'm posting for August.  If that doesn't tell you how far behind I am, then I don't know what will.  Despite not being on top of my personal blogging I will tell you that God is refining me on a daily basis and helping me to see that I'll never be "on top" of anything, really...at least not on my own.  I'm learning to leave the dirty dishes, that laundry can stay on the couch, and that if the house isn't impeccable it'll still be okay.  Jimmy and I are trying to be intentional about how we schedule our time as a family and while it's still difficult, we are improving and getting better.  Enjoy the August update.

I don't remember much of August except Grace starting the second grade, lol!

Second Grade Open House: cozy little reading nook


Cute treat from her teacher and student teacher

1st day of Second Grade!

1st day of K Prep @ his new daycare

Cuties

Part of my job over the summer was to coordinate something we called "A Day with K" where most of the kindergarten teachers in the county came out to this beautiful ball room and we had a conference.  The first half of the day was split into four sessions and the second half was one big group session.  We had so much FUN and learned a lot for moving forward next year.

To say we were BEAT after this day would have been an underestimate.  I went home and fell asleep around 7 pm, I think.

A sweet dinner treat at Chick-Fil-A and she even shared with her main man.

2nd Annual Turner-Kittner back to school shopping trip!  Next year we'll have 4 kids to shop for that will be all going to school..eeks!

Fun food trucks at our shopping day

Painting class with my work family

Date night, I think?  I can't remember...

Myself and Marie, one of my teammates.  


First day of school fairy :)  Anna Ruth got something, too...it's just not pictured.  ;)

Me: "Buddy, why did you stamp on your head?"
Wesley: "Because it's the letter W and that's how my name starts"
YES.


Thank you Kim for letting Grace come spend the day with you so she had somewhere to go before school started!  Having a little tea party here with friends.

Anna Ruth on the attack

Grace got spend some time in SC with my parents before school started...Riverbanks Zoo is a popular place to visit!

Anna Ruth has begun to develop quite the vocabulary (I'll have to post in my October post because that's where we are currently living, lol).  Here, she said her full name and it was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment