Tuesday, December 12, 2017

November Family Update: A Calm Month

November was one of the most calm months we've had in awhile, Praise the Lord!  There was no traveling, no extravagant amount of events to attend, no sicknesses; it was just a nice, calm month.  I have been a little better about being in the word but have decided I need to set a time frame each day and stick to it, no matter what.  Right now the evening seems like the best time for me to spend uninterrupted time reading and learning about His word.  I'd appreciate continued prayers in that area.

As I sit here and write this post on December 12 while our house has been hit hard with sickness, I am reminded of how thankful I truly am for our health and the people in our lives.  November is a month of thankfulness and we are incredibly grateful to have had another month of life on this planet.  As a parent, I'm grateful His mercies are new each day...phew.  As a wife I'm thankful God placed a man in my life that knows how to love me well and is an incredible source of support.  As a daughter, I'm thankful for all our family, but specifically my dad's health and that he is still on this side of Heaven with us despite his recent heart attacks.  

Anna is 14 months old!

Grace  @ 14 months

Wesley @ 14 months (look at all that hair!!)

My mom wanted to come up and see her grand babies and this is the only picture I really took during her visit.  Hello milkshake!

I gather up the younger ones when it's time to go get Grace from school and some days we stop by the park on our way home.

Grace's class had a Thanksgiving meal together and then performed a little poem.  I loved getting to meet more parents from her class.  We sure do love her teacher :)

I had a major surprise up my sleeve over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Brooke, pictured right, happened to be coming to NC for Thanksgiving (down from MA).  Her mom and I were able to arrange for a play date between these two kiddos that essentially spent most of their waking days from birth to 2.5 years old together.  Brooke and her family moved several years ago and we have missed them dearly!  I wish I had their reactions of seeing each other on video!

This is Grace and Brooke @ 14 months old :)

Anna and Joshua hugging it up at the park


Daddy had to work on Thanksgiving but we made the best of it by watching the parade and cooking!


I haven't spent Thanksgiving away from my family...ever.  This was the first one, due to Jimmy's work, that we weren't able to travel to my family.  However, we made the best of it and I got out all my Nana's nice china (for the first time), silverware, family recipes, and invited over our friends, the Hoopers.  While it was different this year, it was still a great time.

Thank you Bobby Flay from the Food Network for this fantastic recipe!

Traditional cheese ball

Yummy foods to share between friends

Wish bone tradition: you each take a side of the wish bone and pull.  Whoever gets the bigger piece, wins.  Shockingly enough, Grace manipulated the situation to win.

Greensboro Science Center Trip: See Grace there in the back?


Thankful for a toddler area!


They have added some new outdoor play areas at the science center and Anna was a big fan.

What happens when you have a long drive home during nap time.  All 3 passed out.  So, I did what any mom would do...I sat in the van in peace and quiet and waited for them to wake up.  Totally worth it.

"We're going on a stick hunt..." 

Wake Forest tailgating

Anna, cheering on the Deacs!  By some miracle this child slept in Jimmy's lap during part of the game.  #thirdchild


Found a tree!

Putting on the star: Take 1

Take 2

Gymnastics: Parent circle up




Wesley loves to learn new songs at pre-school.  :)



Fun video of the gibbons from the Greensboro Science Center.  Apparently they aren't monkeys, as I was so corrected by another observer.  Whatever they are, they're awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment