Sunday, February 25, 2018

January 2018 Family Update: Real Life Struggles

This momma has been in a bit of a "funk" to be open and honest.  I had a few weeks of postpartum blues with after Anna was born for sure and maybe I've been struggling with that on an off for the past several months, I'm not really sure.  I kept having stomach pains and just didn't feel like myself.  I was apparently very short tempered with those living with me, didn't have much of a drive to clean or do anything around the house (maybe that CAN be normal but it's not like me) and I just felt different.  I felt foggy and weird at times, sad even.  I would just sit down and stare off into space.  I was emotional.  I'm sure Jimmy could tell you more but I wasn't "me".  So, after a trip to my OB and a small breakdown in her office (she is a close friend as well) we chatted and I mentioned not having been on birth control in about 4 months.  I asked if that could have anything to do with my state of mind and she said it was possible.  She also said that if I was going to start birth control again, then I should feel better almost immediately, if that's what was going on.

Fortunately, that was the case.  I felt back to my "normal self" within a week.  I guess my hormones were just out of whack.  I can publicly say that those were some hard months.  I am grateful for Jimmy who literally carried most of my weight and helped clean, dealt with the kiddos, made some meals, etc.  He could have been annoyed with me (and maybe he was on the inside), gotten short tempered with me, and just told me to "suck it up and deal" but he surely didn't.  He showed me the grace that I can only hope any of you would show to someone in your life that may be going through a hard time.

I am an over-achiever.  I pride myself in being able to handle a lot, heck, I made it through residency life with little ones, right (clearly, it wasn't an "I" thing at all...I didn't do that on my own, but sometimes I think that way)?  I like to do things well, I over-involve myself in activities, I over-schedule things and have high, very unrealistic expectations of myself.  I have tried to be intentional about scaling things back in my life and in my family's life for the past several months and it has definitely helped.  I don't make enough time to spend in prayer, scripture, or reading about the One I claim is of utmost importance to me.  In some ways I feel like God is tugging at my heart and telling me to "SLOW down woman" and I wasn't listening for so long.  If there is someone in your life that may be feeling overwhelmed, then don't wait for them to ask for help!  Sometimes you may not know and that's one thing but if you do know someone who seems a little "off" or out of sorts, please love them well.  I didn't deserve it but am so appreciative.  Not one person you know has it all together...not one.

Anna was shocked at the "white stuff" outside

Jimmy was working second shift so he was around to play with us during the day for a little bit.





Neighbors we call cousins, an aunt, and an uncle.

MarioKart is apparently a childhood past Jimmy "must expose them to"  :)

Snow days make for the best reading and sleeping days

It won't be like this for long, right?

A much needed outing to Chick-Fil-A once the roads were fairly cleared.  The Turner-Kittner clan.

Grocery buddies (I normally shop online but sometimes we have to make a quick stop)

Kisses

Trip to the mall

"The look"


All Anna Ruth has to do is make a noise and open her mouth and she has two siblings that are eager to share their food.

My big little girl is growing up and I know it...I just know it, but I can't help of think about her when she was Anna's age.  Now she's like a second little momma walking around helping out.

Abby came to play!

Sci-Works or Kaledium (new name) with the family

Me: "Wesley, I'm going to lie down on the couch because I feel kind of yucky...you can go get in your bed and rest."
Wesley: "Can I come sit next to you in case you need anything?"  
Heart. exploded.
This little boy is such an empathetic little human (or maybe he's manipulative and just wanted to play with that watch in his hands).

Another snow day picture


Anna's milkshake dance



Grace sledding


Wesley sledding


Sibling fun


No comments:

Post a Comment