Tuesday, May 29, 2018

April 2018 Family Update and Grace turns 7!

On April 15, our sweet Grace turned 7.  The years are surely flying by and it's safe to say that I'm bursting with pride as her mom; I am also trying to do a better job of vocalizing that to her. You know what I'm talking about?  You get through the day to day schedule, fuss at your kids a little too much, micro-manage everyone, get frustrated the kitchen isn't pristine, rush the kids to bed, and then realize (when you're peeking at them sleeping that same night) that you could have done a better job of letting them know why you're proud of them, too.  

I've had some "pulled heart string moments" recently and believe it's God talking to me, saying "you're going to miss this momma" or "calm down momma, look how little they are".  Do you have those moments?  We were sitting at the dinner table one evening and I was getting frustrated with Grace for not chewing with her mouth closed but then she said something about her school day that was really mature and sweet.  My brain can't remember exactly what she said but I remember making eye contact with Jimmy, my heart welling up with pride, and thinking "Wow, she's really growing up."  I've had similar moments with Wesley when I listen to him explain something about the motor in a fast car with his sweet lisp of, "wightening fast" (lightening fast) referring to the speed.  

I'd love to encourage you mommas that are feeling exhausted, worn down, inept, sleep deprived, and overwhelmed.  You are not going to be the perfect mom because no one can be!  Rest in the assurance that HE is enough because people will fail you...you will fail you!  You build up unrealistic expectations for yourself and then get upset when things don't go your way (I do it).  Stop it!  How are you re-charging?  Are you taking care of yourself?  Are you giving yourself a break when you lose your patience with your kids?  Are you asking them for forgiveness?  Are you asking God?  I've learned that if there's anything I should teach my children, it's about God's grace.  It's a work in progress and always will be; and this is why we need Jesus!

Birthday Girl
She's 7!!

One of probably 5 times she was sung to over her birthday week ;)

Flashback #1 and probably my most favorite picture of all 3 of our kiddos to date.

Flashback #2

#3

We finally got to visit my aunt and uncle's new home in SC!
Anna, on the hunt for Easter eggs

Aunt Cindy, helping her out

Uncle Linton and Grace

Memere, Pepere and their grandbabies


Cindy, Linton, and their great nieces and nephew


Family birthday party for Grace and aunt Cindy

Her very own bible

Happy birthday to you!!

Grace's birthday party @ Sweet Frog (ice cream place)

Amazing party favors made by my friend, Deandra, at Triton Catering (highly suggest!!)

Way cool picture of some of our guests

I LOVE setting up the kitchen the night before our kiddos' birthdays.  It's so fun and they are so surprised every single time.

Grace's class birthday treat request: butterfly cupcakes.  Thank goodness for the internet!

The birthday girl requested Japanese steakhouse for her birthday lunch, aw shucks ;)

Grace reading to Anna banana



A snapshot of what our mornings look like.

Play date with the Hoopers

I didn't even ask them to do this!  They DO love each other...sometimes.

Ice cream date with all 3 babies and this baby with blues

Twins!

Tanglewood park train 

#priorities

Grace has recently gotten into golf (she and her daddy love to play together) and here she's showing Wesley correct form.

Anna.  She's a mess, y'all!  She's feisty, hits her friends, throws herself on the ground and cries, and says "no" to Jimmy and I more than anything else.  This third child is full of spunk but we love her dearly and are grateful our first child didn't have this temperament.  :)

Wesley's 3 year old class singing performance

He's in the red, white, and blue striped shirt.  

Picture day <3 p="">

Best buds taking a break on the golf course

Impromptu date night

Post-dinner cuties

Happy birthday, Sarah!

Anna and one of her partners in crime at pre-school

Bridal shower lunch for Erin

Turner-Kittner golf time

10 Year College Reunion
Erskine College, still looking beautiful

SO SO fun to come back with our little humans!

Reunited even though many were missing

Beth and I have known each other since elementary school but didn't really become close until college.  We have been through a lot of the same things but also many different turns in life and I wouldn't trade her for a thing!

Look at that cheesy smile!

If you were a fly on the wall around bed time...

No comments:

Post a Comment