Wednesday, January 9, 2019

October 2018 Family Update: 2 Birthdays!

I'm back after the longest gap in posting since this blog's creation in 2010.  Currently, it's January 2019!  A lot has happened since these pictures (like moving to a new home) but we have been enjoying ourselves amongst the craziness.  In October, Jimmy and Wesley had birthdays, Nana and Grandpa visited, Pepere had a heart procedure, and we had our last trick-or-treat in the same neighborhood we've lived in for almost a decade.

Grace is passed out in this picture just in case you can't tell.  Going back to school is tough and there's a great chance I either already posted this picture or forgot to in August.  It's too much work to go back and check, so here you go!

Wake Forest football games on the hill are our tradition with the Kittners.

When you're 2 and the youngest of 3 you get BIG time spoiled!

The sad story of the ice cream cake that once was.  :)   Since I have gone back to work full-time outside the home I really think I'm losing it!  I have many momma brain moments like this one where I bought Jimmy an Oreo ice cream cake and hid it in the garage refrigerator instead of the freezer.  It tasted just fine, in my opinion.

Happy 34th birthday, daddy!


Nana and Grandpa came into town and we took them to the foothills brewery off Stratford for some dessert festival.  It was super fun!

Yummy cookie!

Nana bought all 5 kids (Anna not pictured) these cool "painting" cookies.


Jimmy, myself, Nana, and Grandpa went to the Billy Joel concert and had a great time!



Special cake for Wesley from Nana and Grandpa.  Thank you!

I was able to scoot away for a day to be with my parents as my dad was having a heart procedure done.  It ended up getting delayed a day and I had to return home BUT I am still grateful I got to be there for a short period of time.

Memere bought these cuties some new clothes; even matching clothes for the girls (which is hard to find because Grace is out of the toddler section of clothing, now).  According to Anna Ruth, it's her "titty tat" dress.  Bahaha.

And just like that...we are moving!  It's a long story but we have been in this sweet home almost 10 years.  We agreed that we would move once our medical and graduate school loans were paid off and while we are just a few months away from that, we found the perfect home for us.  We literally found it online on a Friday, walked through it on Saturday morning, put an offer in that same evening, and it was accepted the next day!  This is what our living room looked like for close to one month.

I recently saw a sign that said, "I'm not bossy, I just have better ideas!"  I believe that sign is meant for me!!  :)  I had to wrap my mind around where all these boxes were going to go and remembered a friend talking about color coding boxes when they moved.  So, I made a color coded key to help.  A few people made fun of me but I'll tell you what, moving the boxes into our new home was almost a breeze!  THANK YOU to all our friends that selflessly showed up to help us move our things.  As we tell the kids, a new house won't make us happy but it sure it nice to have more room, specifically for guests. 

Movie night even at Grace's school.

Aunt Lulu did our annual family photo shoot out in the cul-de-sac.   We love you aunt Lulu!

What really happens during these photo sessions.


Uncle Jordan was on the East coast for a wedding and we got to meet up in Charlotte to celebrate October birthdays.  We met at Dave and Busters to play games, eat, and open presents.

Memere and the crazies

Opening gifts with Uncle Jordan

Almost birthday boy

Anna Ruth and her main squeeze, Pepere.

Deandra, thank you for our cookie cake!!

Happy birthday to you!!

He wanted a picture of his icing-covered teeth.

Look at that face!  Don't be deceived, though.  This one can pack a mean punch and it quite the handful.  But so fun.  And no one will mess with her, well, if they do...it will only be once!  Love our "Anna woof!"


Wesley's 5th birthday party at Mellow Mushroom!  Pizza, friends, costumes and presents...the best way to celebrate!
SUCH a cute picture of Reagan and Anna Ruth, two peas in a pod.

Lindsay captured this one but it also captures this feisty child's personality.  "Where my pizza at?"


Hanging out

Getting the back yard ready to sell the house

Wesley's birthday set up at home


Happy 5th birthday, sweet boy.  Wesley is our sensitive, empathetic, argumentative, super hero loving, rhyming word maker, and soccer defender little boy.  We love him and he is the best brother these two sisters could have.

Wesley's last soccer game was on his birthday.  Mrs. Catherine (one of our friends) came out to watch his game and that made his day!

Halloween fairy!  I just keep all the Halloween stuff in a few Tupperware bins and pull the contents out every year...it's always a big hit.

Happy Halloween from a Power Ranger, a fairy, and Minnie Mouse!  Jimmy took the older kids to trick or treat in Ardmore with the Fowlers while I just walked around the neighborhood with Anna Ruth (after Wesley and Grace accompanied us to a few neighbors' houses).  Funny story, Anna Ruth and I were walking back home, coming up on an older kid dressed as a monster.  I thought she may get afraid but before I processed it, she screams to the "monster", "Rawrrrrr! monster!" and the middle schooler jumped, scared.  His parents were right there and we all just broke into laughter.  Anna Ruth, you are a mighty little 2 year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment