Thursday, October 31, 2013

Unique Build-A-Bear

I was teaching the fourth grade when I was preggo with Grace.  I just so happened to have an awesome homeroom parent who gifted Jimmy and I a baby Build-A-Bear.  Well, she tried to surprise me and sent home a recorder that Jimmy had to record Grace's heartbeat with at one of the appointments.  I kind of figured it out before hand :)  Anyways, once the recorder was given back to the parent, she went and designed this cute baby girl bear at the workshop.  She had the recorder put in the bear's paw, and any time Grace wants to hear it, she can just push the paw.  The only thing I am sad about is that you can't replace the batteries in the recorders once the sounds fades, which Grace's has.  However, you can take two recorders and just have the people at the workshop take out the old, fading recorder and insert the second one.

I knew I wanted to do the same thing with Wesley's heartbeat, so Grace and I recorded it at my last appointment.

We brought the recorder into the workshop.

They let her kiss the bear's heart,

give him a bath,

and choose his outfit (okay, mommy had a bit of input here but shhh).

Jimmy and Grace filled out the birth certificate for baby Wesley Jr.

Grace got to put him in his "house" and bring him home!
 
Now Grace can listen to baby "Weswee's" heartbeat anytime she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment