Tuesday, October 17, 2017

September Family Update

Oh September...I barely remember you at this point (see previous post for Anna's 1st birthday).  I do remember our visit to the Grove Park Inn, but other than than I feel like you were a blur!  Maybe because I post my monthly updates so late each month.  Oh well :)  Better late than never...I feel like that's my new theme in life. 

Jimmy and Sarah had an anesthesia conference at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC and shoot, you better believe Mike and I wanted to be a part of that!  The docs were able to go to their meetings while we all made time for fun.  It was SUCH a blessing to be able to get away without kids and recharge!  We had such a blast.  Thank you SO SO much to my parents for watching all three of our crazies.

We made it!

The Spa @ Grove Park Inn.  I had never been to a spa and I'm not sure if I'll ever be the same!  It was just pure lovely, relaxing, and incredible.

View of the historic hotel

Just a wedding...at the Grove Park Inn...??  This was the day after someone got married.  I'm sure it was a very affordable wedding :)

I don't normally do selfies but I had to remember what it was like to wear a robe, sit on a bed, and to watch TV alone.

An incredible biscuit from Biscuithead in Asheville.  We will definitely check that place out again!

Sarah and I on our way to the Spa.  The boys kept asking, "Won't you get bored being in the spa all day?"  We just laughed.

Four friends that are a lot more like family.

These two teachers beat our doctor spouses in Connect 4.  Then I won the championship.  I'm not normally a strategy gamer, unless I've had about three drinks and it's Connect 4 :)

A sweet picture from our babysitter who spent the first night at the house with the kids.  

My parents had the kids at our house for the majority of the trip. 

Stacking contest because everything seems to be a contest between these two.

"Mommy, take our picture!"  Excuse our son who essentially lives in his undies that are "just like daddy's"  lol

Chocolate mess

Another lost tooth after many tears (hence the red face).  Every time she gets upset and it hurts and keeps stopping herself because she doesn't want it to hurt...it's a battle.  We've learned to step away and let her have the time to get the tooth out herself.  

Just because

Cool vineyard in Lewisville; we attended a going away party for the Felkels who have been at our church for many years.  We will miss them!

Mobile 2.0

Life, currently

This was after I told Grace she was going to be getting a shot in addition to Anna (flu shot).  Yeah, let's just say they had to call in back up to help me.

Gymnastics: Grace and Harper

Reagan and Wesley

Our spot at the Wake Forest games


Jimmy and his mini



Life on the hill at the football games

This cutie started soccer at the Y


Anna is on two feet and on the move :)  At this point in the month she is legitimately walking...but not according to September :)


Grace is a gymnast at heart, we believe.  And here's evidence she's a good little climber.


No comments:

Post a Comment