Thursday, October 1, 2020

June 2020 Family Update

 

If there's anything I want to stand out from this month, it is that I do believe black lives matter.  Our family does as well.  It's not a "fad" or a political statement.  It's a humanity statement.  A lot happened the month of June and we made sure to talk through things with our children so they understood the facts.  Black lives are persecuted unlike any lives in our country, they always have been.  It's not right.  I committed to learn more about the historical part of racism and how it evolved.  I also want our children to have more literature with people of other races (ever looked through children's books at stores and even in your own home?  It was convicting to me).  


Our team said goodbye to one amazing leader, Kelley.  I have learned more in the past two years of my professional life than I ever have and am so grateful for her.

Wesley wanted to make blueberry muffin tops from a kids' cookbook.

Losing more teeth

Fishing with Team Kittner

One of my favorite pictures to date of these 2

I have several Fridays off in the summer and committed to taking the older two kiddos some where new each Friday.  I found this water hole online somewhere and it looked fun.  They were able to float on down the mini-rapids and have a good time.

11 year anniversary and first dinner out since February!

Brown-icity is an organization my friend recommended.  We both signed up for their course that talked through the history of our country regarding all citizens and how the term "race" was even created.  It was incredibly informational and equally saddening to learn how black, brown & Native American citizens have been treated.

When mommy has meeting after meeting after meeting...kids go crazy!  ;)  They really enjoyed creating it, having lunch in there, and reading their books/playing with toys.

Trip to Columbia to visit Memere and Pepere


Sweetness

Ellie (alpha) and Piper girl

We love Riverbanks Zoo!



Memere, playing tag with the kiddos

Family dinner, minus Jordie and Kelsey :)

Happy Father's Day to Jimmy daddy...love this picture of he and Grace



Saw this and the next graphic on Twitter and absolutely love the way it explains the differences between two commonly mixed up terms.




Pool time was a huge sanity saver for me this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment