Saturday, May 12, 2012

My little brother is all grown UP!

Friday, May 4th at approximately 3:00 p.m. my little brother graduated from college at the University of South Carolina.  My mom, dad, aunt, uncle and myself all sat together and it was quite the ceremony!  Coming from a graduating class of about 120 to about 1500 (and that was just HALF the graduating class) it was eye opening.  There are so many people that graduate each year...I pray that they all do find jobs but at that moment, none of that really mattered.  My little brother, the one who I used to dress up, beat up on and make fun of wasn't so little anymore.  Of course, I haven't been able to do any of those things since he was smaller than me, but that's besides the point ;)  Both of my parents graduated from USC so I know they were exra proud of him.  It did take Jordan an extra year to graduate but he also double majored in finance and accounting, and that is a tough program!

After the graduation ceremony (of which it took 1 hour just to read all of the names) we drove to my parents house and had some friends/family over for a cookout.  It is always so special to celebrate with family and friends that have known you forever.  The neighbors Jordan and I grew up with are still there.  They used to take us to church with them, we had sleepovers with their kids and have been through some tough life events together...they were there before we grew up and still live in the same neighborhood...that's something special!  We are all grateful to have Jordan in our lives and are so proud of his accomplishment! 

Jordan Curtis Gracen :)
Lots of graduates....
and even more...

There is Jordie walking across the stage...I got him on the bigscreen!
Proud Mom
Proud Dad

Thankful Cindy and Linton could be there...they always are!
Grace stole a little bit of attention at the beginning...dressed in her Gamecock attire and walking around with a balloon.  She went to bed soon after this picture..she had a long day!
Jordan's long time friend, mentor and Sunday school teacher, Adam, and his family came.  Laurie is here with the kids...Jordan played with them in the pool...correction, Jordan jumped in with Tucker and scared him!  It's okay folks, the parents approved :)
Bobblehead cake topper

Jordan thought it was silly that I made him pose like this...who looks silly now?  :)
Cocky the mascot says "goodbye"!

No comments:

Post a Comment