Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grace is 14 months old!

Interests: eating beach sand, pushing her riding car, pouring anything and everything that lives in a bucket onto the floor and then cleaning it right back up :)
Sleep habits: Sad day...no more are the days of 2 naps :(  I am actually more sad about that because she is growing up so fast!  At the same time, I think it will be nice having only one nap to work around during the day.
Naptime: 12:30-2:30ish (she started the 1 nap a day on her own)
Bedtime: 7 p.m.-7 a.m. so we can't complain one bit
Favorite foods:  Talapia, any grilled veggies, ground turkey and cookies
Sign Language: "more" "please" "all done" (we are still working on thank you)
Teeth: Still 12 teeth
Words spoken: dada, momma, num num, yehyeh, Sylva (Lindsay's dog...I kid you not), nana for banana, more, tickle, table (ask Katie Holmes! although she only said it once, it was funny!), dog, car, and hey!
*she understands an incredible amount of words she just isn't super verbal, well, she is verbal it just comes out sounding like another language :)
Firsts: first time enjoying the beach, first brain freeze...that was a funny yet sad one AND running!  The girls takes off and speed walks/jogs instead of walking everywhere now.

If you read our blog regularly, then you could probably tell we were super busy this past month!  I have posted A LOT of pictures from different trips like camping, the beach, the Dash game, going to Savannah and then to Columbia for a wedding.  We knew we had to take advantage of all the time Jimmy has off before beginning residency.  The trips were a blast, but we were so happy to finally get home and to stay at home.  Since getting back home we have taken it SUPER easy, especially Grace.  She has been playing in the backyard, riding in her car and playing in her water table out back.  All fun things to do at home!  Father's Day was this month and I have to mention it because we love our daddies!  My dad drove my brother out to Los Angelos, CA for a job internship and was gone on Father's Day but Jimmy got to wake up to his presents (see below).  Jimmy has been such an incredible father to Grace...he lights up when he sees her and so doe she...it melts my heart to watch!  Since I have posted a lot of pictures already this month, I won't re-post any of them but I do have some new ones to show...

My good friend from college and one of my bridesmaids, Katie Holmes.  She was in Columbia when we were visiting so we got to hang out.  Katie had not seen Grace since she was about two months old...needless to say Grace has definitely changed a lot since then!
Beth, my maid of honor and long time friend, lives in Lexington, SC.  She was gracious enough to babysit Grace while we went to my friend's wedding.  Beth and Grace had fun together :)

My wedding date :)

My mom came too...dad was out of town taking my brother to California for his new job internship. 
 
My friend, Holly, and I played soccer together in highschool as long as Catherine, Erin, and Marie (left to right).  The wedding was a lot of fun!
Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?  I had some inspiration this Father's Day.  This was Jimmy's card.

This was the rest of his gift.  There is a coupon book leaning against the coke bottle.

My dad's gift; a movie themed bucket including a gift card to the movies.

Grace LOVES big dogs...this is Chip, my family dog growing up.  He is 10 years old and Grace loves him to pieces.  He doesn't run away from her like Maverick and Ellie, haha.

Grace's Uncle David Cloer is currently deployed in Kuwait.  He sent her this bear :)

Happy 14 months of life, lovebug!




No comments:

Post a Comment