Thursday, June 14, 2012

Toes in the Water, Toes in the Sand...Not a Worry in the World!

When I think of the beach it's the Zac Brown Band song, "Toes in the Water" that comes to mind.  There is something theraputic about sitting on a beach shore with your toes in the water, looking out at the ocean.  One reason is because it's so relaxing but another big reason is that I am not at home to be distracted with cleaning or organizing anything when I should be simply relaxing and winding down from the day.  At the beach the only choice you have is to relax, even if you bring your baby with you :)

Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina kind of became our beach last year when we went for Labor Day weekend with my parents.  Grace was only 5 months then and we happened to find a great deal so we took the opportunity to get away.  Jimmy and I have been dreaming about the place since we left!  It so happened to work out that Jimmy was on break this summer and my parents took some vacation time so we planned a whole week at the beach...it was WONDERFUL!
We arrived on Sunday, June 3rd and departed on Sunday, June 10th.  It's more fun to tell a story with pictures, so that's exactly what I'll do!
I found this beach house online after many hours of searching.  We got a great deal and had amazing views!
I noticed how much Grace has changed since the last time we went to the beach so I decided to post "then" and "now" pictures.  The "then" pictures will be on the left and the "now" pictures will be on the right.

                               Actually dug some holes this year...
                     She has grown a lot in a year!
         
hehe...farmer's tan
         
                    We ate at Sharky's again this year...Grace even had some fish,
veggies and rice from her memere's plate.
          
The boys began the Annual Garcien-Turner Beach Bocce Ball Tournament
 last year and continued it this year.  Jimmy had to hand over
the trophy to dad this year.
         Family

Couldn't resist...
Lots of snacks on the beach

Lots of naps for everyone, too...this girl took a 2.5 hour nap one day.  We got lots of rest and reading time :)
Jimmy turned me into a mermaid

So I turned him into the Michelin man :)


Love taking pictures of her :)

Playing with pepere before bed time

Maybe next year Mr. Sea Turtle...

We went to a beach band type of concert on Friday night...Jimmy and I got to dance to a few songs.
Uncle Linton took some family pictures for us...


Glad Linton and Cindy were able to come towards the end of the week.  Thanks to them (and my dad's cooking), we had this delicious feast below...


The End...well, until next year :)




No comments:

Post a Comment