Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Letter "J" Week

"J" is for jump!  I went to a 30th birthday party (far left in the pink) at the Airbound trampoline park in Winston...so fun!  I am still paying for it as my legs are sore and it hurts to walk!  Jumping is one of Grace's favorite things, too :)

"J" is for jellybean painting!  SUPER fun idea.  Fill a bowl with some water, throw in some jelly beans and then paint on paper with the jellybeans.  

The best part is cleaning (eating) up!  Grace and I both enjoyed this art activity.

I thought it turned out pretty cute.  Darker colors worked best.

"J" is for jello sensory bin!  I threw some random objects in with some green jello.  You could find "j" objects  to put in the jello and that would be cool too.

Grace doesn't like to get dirty or sticky so I put a spatula in the bowl for Miss Priss haha.

Another edible activity!

"J" is for jewelry party!  Mommy's jewelry is so fun (she LOVES wearing my jewelry and gets super focused as you can tell from the picture).  Don't worry, I participated and let her decorate my neckline with about eight necklaces.

"J" is for juice!  I personally don't give juice to Grace...I give her milk and water BUT I couldn't pass up the word because it was the best "j" word I could find for her alphabet book.

Alphabet Match Game: paper towel roll, circular stickers
I wrote the alphabet around the tube and also on the stickers.  I wasn't sure how Grace would do with this activity even though she can identify all of her letters...  

She LOVED it did really well with it.  It worked better when I let her choose which letter sticker to pull off and then I would turn the tube until she pointed to the letter.  I would let her put the sticker on even if it was a little crooked :)  She sat down and focused for this activity so much that I am going to do a lowercase game next.  You could also do shapes, numbers or colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment