Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Letter "K" Week

"K" is for Krispy Kreme!!!  Since Krispy Kreme originated in Winston Salem it was extra cool taking a trip to the store.  Grace loved watching the donuts go through the machine getting turned, iced and then boxed.  She also liked eating all the chocolate icing off the top of the donut and then giving it to me to finish. 

"K" is for kick jug.  Saw this idea on Pinterest.  It was kind of random but it gave Grace something to kick around the house.  If I do it again I will buy a cheap plastic ball and write K all over it.

She kept saying "kick" so I guess it served its purpose.

Matching Game: a cardboard foldable and foam sheets.  Since Grace is most successful with her letters I thought color/number matching would be a good practice game for her.  She actually matched everything correctly and still plays with it.

"K" is for key!  Found this idea on Pinterest and it was also inspired by Lindsay.  It wasn't the most successful craft as far as Grace is concerned...she helped glue some but wasn't very interested.  You live and you learn with toddlers :)

"K" is for kite!  Super easy and yummy snack.  Graham cracker, peanut butter, pretzels and part of a cheese string.

A real kite!  I didn't realize ours was broken BUT Grace still made the best of it.  She watched me run with it and continued to do so herself all the while laughing hysterically.  I enjoyed it!

"K" is for Kristen's (my) birthday!  I turned 27 this week :)  I love a good Coldstone Creamery ice cream cake!  Grace and I went to Columbia for my birthday weekend since Jimmy was working.  I got spoiled for sure!

I came home from church on my birthday to find that Jimmy got off early and had a special dinner menu planned; main course: live lobster!!  What a sweet, thoughtful man!



No comments:

Post a Comment