Friday, October 11, 2013

Wesley's Nursery Reveal!

Ta-da!  We are finished with Wesley's room with a few weeks to spare :)  Actually, the room has been finished with the exception of some adorable art work.  So, not too bad the second time around.  We LOVE our nautical nursery, and we hope our baby boy does, too!
 
We left the guest bed in his room.  The bedding we had happened to match the theme, so that was nice.  The end of the bed will serve as a changing area, I just moved that stuff off for the picture. 
 
My aunt Cindy saw canvas prints like these on Etsy and decided she could make them for much less.  We are completely thrilled!  She did such a great job!  I really wanted to stay away from cheesy nautical stuff, so these are just the perfect addition!  She was able to use the paint we used on our walls to match.  We didn't want anything too bright on the walls.  LOVE them!



We were able to integrate some of the items from the baby shower that Lindsay threw for me.  The letters and cute décor underneath the table fit in perfectly.  There is another cute item she gave me that I am waiting to hang on the wall with a mirror above it, but I'm not really in a rush right now.
 
Cindy used some of the leftover paint to make this cute light switch cover :)  Sometimes it's the small things that make a big difference.

The "before" of our glider.  It is from Jimmy's family and it was used daily when Grace was a baby.  The pink fit in with her theme.
Aunt Cindy strikes again!  We found some cute upholstery on sale at JoAnn's Fabrics in town.  We also found some cute, navy cording to go along the edges.  Cindy took the cushions, fabric, and cording to someone in her home town and look what we ended up with!!  It goes perfectly with the room.  I can't wait to sit it in at all hours of the night :)  Okay, I can wait for that.  Please be a good sleeper like Grace, Wesley...please!
 
Grace's crib is now Wesley's crib.  My parents bought this crib and it is still looking good.  My parents also bought the bedding again...it's soo cute!

Cute, nautical bedding that isn't over the top.  We love it!

Jimmy and I bought this in Charleston when we went to the beach.  We bought the pictures there, and the frame off Amazon. 
 
 
Baby clothes, anyone?  We have been gifted/lent soooo many clothes!  We added a new shelf in the closet so we'd have more space for storage.  Don't mind the medical textbooks at the top that I can't convince my husband to get rid of :)  Also, don't mind all the toys and extra items because they aren't going anywhere.  We have to take advantage of all the space in our house!

 
A shot from the door.  Everything looks complete!

Look what I found :)  A cute little girl in a shirt, her panties, and her "aparon".  Grace has really been into baby dolls.  She loves putting her baby doll in Wesley's swing, and rocking back and forth.  It's adorable.
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this room! And I love Aunt Cindy. She is awesome - I love the artwork and the light switch cover. Grace is going to be a great big sister. We miss the Turners :)

    ReplyDelete