Sunday, May 17, 2020

March 2020: AFTER COVID19 hit

As you'll see below, I took a picture of our TV screen because my parents and I were able to watch Jimmy speak live (key note speaker, may I brag?) at a conference in Las Vegas.  My parents headed home before he returned and that's a good thing because....Jimmy ended up finding that he came in contact with several people at the conference that tested positive for COVID19 upon returning to their homes.  So, Jimmy had to go into quarantine in our basement.  For 10 days.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, angry, or entitled but those were some VERY difficult 10 days.  I worked full time from home while doing e-learning with Grace/Wesley plus keeping up with Anna and it just about did me IN.  We were adjusting to so many changes and having Jimmy completely unavailable was confusing for the kids.  I also worried he would get COVID19 and just was emotionally unstable, at times.  

I can only imagine the stress others are feeling because I was struggling but we still had our house, food, jobs, money, etc.  If I'm being completely honest, I was really angry at Jimmy.  It wasn't fair to him, really, but I was.  I was also angry at the conference that he went to for not cancelling.  Fortunately he never showed any symptoms and was able to come out to be reunited with us.  


While Jimmy was quarantined...we tried to keep busy and went outside A LOT
Nature hike

Snuggles with Piper (who, by the way, is living her BEST life)

Couldn't resist this nighttime picture of Anna after a SUPER long day of tantrums and just difficulty in general

Working from Home
I love my team!  That's one positive to working from home...

The other positive is that I don't have the rush the kids out the door early in the morning.

I have no other positives working from home with 3 little ones, lol.  

Remote Learning Begins in the Turner Household (Grace: 3rd grade, Wesley: Kindergarten, Anna: She's 3 so...survival)
Dinosaur eggs: put water and a small toy inside a balloon, freeze them, cut off balloon & you have a dinosaur egg!  Thanks, Liz for the idea awhile back

Playing Candy Land with a 3 year old:
Me: "Anna you spun ONE purple...you can only move ahead ONE purple"
Anna: "ooooo I love purple" (skips ahead two purples)
etc., etc.  :)

Work work with my kindergartner

LOTS of nature hikes behind our house on the golf course

Leave it to Anna to fall butt first in the ONLY mud puddle available.

Water balloon problems (shapes and numbers for Anna)


LOVE our foilage this time of year!!



I ordered a big pack of chalk and we have put it to good use!


Class meeting :)

Online leaning: Grace has been pretty self-sufficient but initially it was still a lot to manage her log ins, Wesley's log ins, my work stuff, and then a 3 year old.  The kids' school did a great job of getting everything in one place so once you had it set up, it worked pretty smoothly. 

Jimmy thought of a cool idea to interact with the older ones.  They would get a board game out and he had a pair of dice down in the basement so he would roll, tell them his number, and then they would move his game piece. 

Church building closed?  No problem...

Our church does have virtual services right now BUT Grace wanted to create bulletins.  :)

St. Patrick's Eve dinner...remember, Jimmy was quarantined at this point so we did A LOT of cereal and random meals.  By dinner time, mommy's tank was about empty.

We did enjoy getting in the van and just driving around some days.  Some days it takes you to Krispy Kreme and some days it doesn't.

Arts and crafts time for Anna Ruth


About dinner time

If you are looking for Grace she's usually reading a book.
Thank you, Nana & Grandpa, for spoiling us with supplies!

Pizza dinner on the porch. THANK YOU to my previous (and always) community from Winston-Salem that was so gracious to drop off a few meals for us during Jimmy's quarantine.

Books from Nana & Grandpa came at the perfect time!

No comments:

Post a Comment